Data of about 400 million users have been hacked from Twitter’s data store. A hacker has put this personal data up for sale on the dark web. Accounts of many high-profile people such as Bollywood actor Salman Khan, Google CEO Sundar Pichai, and former US President Donald Trump are also included whose data has been hacked.
Israeli cyber intelligence company Hudson Rock has claimed this in a report. The company says that the data being sold on the dark web includes users’ e-mails, names, usernames, followers, and in some cases even phone numbers.
Personal details of high-profile people on a hacker forum
The hacker posted a sample of the stolen data on a hacker forum. In this, he has indicated what kind of data he has. Some of the high-profile people whose data has been compromised are-
- Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, American politician
- Space X, Elon Musk’s company
- CBS Media, an American company
- Donald Trump Jr., son of former US President
- Doja Cat, an American singer
- Charlie Puth, an American singer
- Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- Salman Khan, an Indian actor
- Account of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, US
- National Basketball Association (NBA), America
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, India
- Shawn Mendes, Canadian singer
World Health Organization’s social media account
Hacker wrote in thepost-Elonn Musk you buy this data from me
This hacker wrote in his post ‘Twitter and Elon Musk, if you are reading this post, then let me remind you that under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rule of the European Union Regulation, cases of data theft of 54 lakh people have been registered. I have to pay the fine. Think how much fine will be imposed if the data of 40 crore users is leaked. Buy this data from me if you want to avoid paying GDPR fines like Facebook.